Jarden and I have been to Van’s Warped Tour twice now, and it was seriously some of the best times of our life! Being so isolated in Hawaii, not many of our favorite bands come down and do shows that often (if they even come at all), so getting so see them perform live all at one venue is a dream come true. Are you ready for a day full of rocking out to your favorite artists? Here is a full-guide for what to expect and how to prepare.
Before The Show:
- Buy your tickets! While you can generally buy tickets the day of the event, you do not want to be wasting time standing in line at the box office. Buy your tickets beforehand online; there is also usually some pre-purchase swag involved!
- Pack your bag! Make sure you have all of your essentials ready to go in a small bag or backpack. Sunscreen, cash, a sealed bottle of water (they won’t let you take it in if it’s not sealed), sunglasses, and your camera!
- Dress Appropriately. Since Warped Tour is during June-August, it will most likely be sunny and hot. Make sure to wear clothing you can sweat in, and comfortable shoes you don’t mind getting dirty! You will be walking a lot, skip the heels or brand new white sneakers for this event.
At The Show:
- Make your game plan! At the entrance of Warped Tour is a large board with all the bands and their show times for the day. Make sure to write down all the bands you want to see and check what specific areas they are playing at.
- Think before you drink! If you are 21+, there is a beer garden for those who are interested. We decided to pass on this though as drinking + the blazing heat is usually not the best idea. If you do drink, make sure to plan accordingly.
- Stay cool! Throughout the venue are usually fill-up stations where you can refill your water bottle. There are also misting stations and tents for relaxing in the shade. Stay hydrated and don’t overheat!
- Go out and explore. There are tons of booths around giving away swag, selling food and merch., and even band doing signings and meet and greets. There’s plenty of time to walk around and check out new artists.
- Have Fun! Warped Tour is such an amazing event that brings together tons of extraordinary bands. It was surreal seeing bands we grew up listening too (Hawthorne Heights, Yellowcard, We The Kings, etc.), and bands we fell in love within the last couple of years. (Sleeping with Sirens, Set It Off, Crown the Empire, etc.) We highly recommend going at least once if you have any interest in alternative music, you won’t regret it!
For more information on Van’s Warped Tour, click here.