Living on Oahu our entire lives, Jarden and I have explored quite a bit of the islands culinary scene. (And there’s still so much more to discover!) I love trying out new restaurants, and I’ve come up with quite a list of favorites over the years.
While obviously this is not an exhaustive list of all the great restaurants on the island, this is definitely a large chunk of some of the best places to eat in Oahu – and enjoy a few cocktails too! I hope you enjoy these spots as much as we do!
49 Best Places To Eat In Oahu
Breakfast & Brunch:
1. Country Side Cafe (Waianae) – Delicious breakfast on the Westside of the island! Lots of great choices.
2. Button Up Café (Pearl City) – Great for breakfast and early brunch – they close early at 2pm!. Try the stuffed French toast, so giant and yummy.
3. Pancakes and Waffles BLD (Aiea) – Typical breakfast joint, but always really good. They also put a lot of twists on classics such as Churro Waffles.
4. Boot’s and Kimo’s (Kailua) – Get waffles or pancakes with their famous mac nut sauce! It’s so good that tour busses stop here, so be prepared to wait.
5. Crepes No Ka Oi (Kailua) – Crepes…duh! But no really, these crepes are freaking good.
6. Egghead Cafe & Espresso Bar (Kailua) – Originally in Kakaako, they moved to Kailua and now offer their delicious treats on the east side!
7. Over Easy (Kailua) – Delicious, large breakfast portions. Try the breakfast bowl, which you can read more about below.
Learn More: Brunch at Over Easy Kailua
8. Scratch Kitchen & Meatery (Kakaako) – Their original location closed down, but I’ve heard the new one is great, and the menu is really similar! Try the milk & cereal pancakes.
9. Arvo Café (Kakaako) – Instagrammable Aussie style coffee & brunch. (Avo toast!)
10. Yogurstory (Ala Moana) – They are famous for their ube pancakes, but I love their waffles! All in all, great for brunch.
11. Eggs n Things – (Ala Moana/Waikiki) – If you like mounds of whip cream on your breakfast, this is the place to go.
12. Cream Pot (Waikiki) – On the higher range for breakfast, but they switch it up with soufflé pancakes and baked egg bowls.
13. The Nook Neighborhood Bistro (Manoa) – This is located right by the main University. Super hip place for aesthetic breakfast and brunch!
14. Koa Pancake House (Multiple locations) – Favorite local breakfast spot. Corn beef hash, bacon, waffles, and crepes! Also good for lunch.
15. Tanioka’s Seafood and Catering (Waipahu) – A grab and go location, they have excellent sushi, fried items, and some Hawaiian food. My favorite is the fried ahi – it sells out quick!
16. Highway Inn (Waipahu & Kakaako) – A great place if you want to try some authentic Hawaiian food!
17. Rajanee Thai Cuisine (Mililani) – Not an extensive menu here – it’s a tiny hole in the wall with mainly outside seating – but everything we had there was great.
18. Hono’s Shrimp Truck (Haleiwa) – It’s located right next to the world famous Giovanni’s shrimp truck. I like Giovanni’s garlic sauce, but Hono’s has bigger, less fishy shrimp in my opinion.
19. Aloha Shrimp (Hauula) – Super out of the way unless you’re in the area, but some of the best garlic shrimp from a shrimp truck that I’ve ever had!
20. Aiea Bowl (Aiea) – Restaurant inside of a bowling alley. Lots of local dishes – try the furikake ahi!
21. Helena’s (Kalihi) – The other best local spot for Hawaiian food!
22. The Veranda (Kahala) – Located at The Kahala Hotel, it’s one of my favorite places for afternoon tea.
23. Thai Lao (Multiple locations) – Super good Thai food. We love the sticky mango rice here!
24. Tamura’s Market (Multiple locations) – This is a grocery/liquor store chain, but their seafood bar has my favorite raw fish on the island. Try the sunrise poke if you love avocado! The raw spicy crawfish is also super delicious.
25. Zippy’s (Multiple locations throughout the island) – Hawaii’s fast food chain; honestly anything here is good and affordable.
26. Monkeypod Kitchen (Ko Olina) – Come here for happy hour, it’s nearly half off! The lobster pizza is killer, and so are the drinks.
27. Roy’s Hawaii (Ko Olina & Waikiki) – If you really want to splurge on a super fancy dinner, this is the place to do it!
28. Hughley’s Southern Cuisine (Aiea) – Authentic Southern food in Central Oahu.
29. Kuru Kuru Sushi (Aiea) – Conveyor belt sushi joint. They grind up their ahi (raw fish) for their poke bowls, which I love!
30. La Tour Café (Aiea & Kakaako) – Best macaroons and kouign aman ever! I come for the bakery items usually, but they have good food too. (Alsatian pizza!)
31. Doraku (Kakaako & Waikiki) – Super delicious sushi – try to go for happy hour if you can.
32. Livestock Tavern (Chinatown) – Always crowded, but amazing food & drinks! Menu changes each season.
Learn More: Livestock Tavern in Chinatown, Honolulu
33. Malee Thai Restaurant (Ala Moana) – Favorite thai restaurant on the island.
34. Sushi ii (Ala Moana) – Best uni I’ve ever had! Can you tell I love sushi? lol
35. Arancino (Multiple locations) – Great Italian dishes – the uni pasta is spectacular here!
Learn More: Arancino – Trying Sea Urchin Pasta!
36. Hula Grill Waikiki (Waikiki) – A very popular spot in Waikiki for local fusion and great seafood with a beach view.
37. Duke’s Waikiki (Waikiki) – Pricey, but delicious seafood. Right on the beach, great cocktails.
38. Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar (Waikiki) – Ahhhmazing sushi!
Learn More: Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar
39. Hula Grill Waikiki (Waikiki) – Local Fusion & Seafood
40. Duke’s Waikiki (Waikiki) – Pricey, but delicious seafood. Right on the beach, great cocktails.
41. Tommy Bahama Restaurant (Waikiki) – Food is okay, but it’s super pricey. I love the rooftop bar with the firepit though, so if you wanna splurge on cocktails, this is a great spot.
Learn More: Tommy Bahama Waikiki
42. Haleiwa Bowls (Haleiwa) – Delicious acai bowls in Haleiwa.
43. Samurai (Aiea) – This is actually a crack seed convenience store, but they have our favorite soft serve! It’s really unique, try it!
44. Liliha Bakery (Kalihi) – A local favorite for the pastries such as cocoa puffs, but I like the new Poi Mochi Donuts.
45. Uncle Clay’s House of Pure Aloha (Hawaii Kai & Ala Moana) – Shave Ice, a must have dessert in Hawaii!
46. Cactus (Kailua) – Amazing cocktails and happy hour!
47. Bevy (Kakaako) – Great place for cocktails/drinks with friends. Also good tapas style food!
48. The Study (Ala Moana) – Bar/lounge, super cool vibes. Expensive (but good!) appetizers, but we mostly come here for a chill place to drink.
49. Lewer’s Lounge (Waikiki) – Fancy bar/lounge with live music. They have light bites, and it’s also one of the few places that serve absinthe!