Living on Oahu our entire lives, Jarden and I have explored quite a bit of the islands culinary scene. (And there’s still so much more to discover!) I love trying out new restaurants, and I’ve come up with quite a list of favorites over the years.
While this is not an exhaustive list, these are some of the best places to eat at on Oahu, Hawaii – and enjoy a few cocktails too! I hope you enjoy these spots as much as we do!
49 Favorite Places to Eat & Drink on Oahu, Hawaii
1. Boot’s and Kimo’s (Kailua) – Get waffles or pancakes with their famous mac nut sauce! It’s so good that tour busses stop here, so be prepared to wait.
2. Helena’s (Kalihi) – 1 of 2 best local spots for Hawaiian food!
3. Highway Inn (Kakaako & Waipahu) – The other amazing local, Hawaiian food joint!
4. Arvo Café (Kakaako) – Instagramable Aussie style coffee & brunch. (Avo toast!)
5. Hono’s Shrimp Truck (Haleiwa) – It’s located right next to the world famous Giovanni’s shrimp truck. I like Giovanni’s garlic sauce, but Hono’s has bigger, less fishy shrimp in my opinion.
6. Uncle Clay’s House of Pure Aloha (Hawaii Kai & *soon Ala Moana*) – Shave Ice, a must have dessert in Hawaii!
7. Hula Grill Waikiki (Waikiki) – Local Fusion & Seafood
8. Duke’s Waikiki (Waikiki) – Pricey, but delicious seafood. Right on the beach, great cocktails!
9. Yogurstory (Ala Moana) – They are famous for their ube pancakes, but I love their waffles! All in all, great for brunch.
10. Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar (Waikiki) – Ahhhmazing sushi!
11. Bevy (Kakaako) – Great place for cocktails/drinks with friends. Also good tapas style food!
12. Crepes No Ka Oi (Kailua) – Crepes…duh!
13. Over Easy (Kailua) – Delicious, large breakfast portions. Try the breakfast bowl!
14. Livestock Tavern (Chinatown) – Always crowded, but amazing food & drinks! Menu changes each season.
15. Samurai (Aiea) – This is actually a crack seed convenience store, but they have our favorite soft serve! It’s really unique, try it!
16. Aiea Bowl (Aiea) – Restaurant inside of a bowling alley. Lots of local dishes – try the furikake ahi!
17. Malee Thai Restaurant (Ala Moana) – Favorite thai restaurant on the island.
18. Doraku (Kakaako & Waikiki) – Super delicious sushi. Try to go for happy hour!
19. Tamura’s Market (Multiple locations) – This is a grocery/liquor store chain, but their seafood bar has my favorite raw fish on the island. Try the sunrise poke if you love avocado! The raw spicy crawfish is also super delicious.
20. Kuru Kuru Sushi (Aiea) – Conveyor belt sushi joint. They grind up their ahi (raw fish) for their poke bowls, which I love!
21. Sushi ii (Ala Moana) – Best uni I’ve ever had! Can you tell I love sushi? lol
22. Egghead Café (Downtown) – Great breakfast and brunch, especially if you’re an egg lover!
23. Eggs n Things – (Ala Moana/Waikiki) – If you like mounds of whip cream on your breakfast, this is the place to go!
24. Button Up Café (Pearl City) – Great for breakfast and early brunch – they close early at 2pm!. Try the stuffed French toast, so giant and yummy!
25. Koa Pancake House (Multiple locations) – Favorite local breakfast spot. Corn beef hash, bacon, waffles, and crepes! Also good for lunch.
26. The Study (Ala Moana) – Bar/lounge, super cool vibes. Expensive (but good!) appetizers, but we mostly come here for a chill place to drink.
27. Hughley’s Southern Cuisine (Aiea) – Authentic Southern food!
28. Haleiwa Bowls (Haleiwa) – Super good acai bowls!
29. Roy’s Hawaii (Ko Olina & Waikiki) – If you really want to splurge on a super fancy dinner, this is the place to do it!
30. La Tour Café (Aiea & Kakaako) – Best macaroons and kouign aman ever! I come for the bakery items usually, but they have good food too. (Alsatian pizza!)
31. La Cucina Ristorante Italiano (Downtown) – The absolute BEST pasta place on the island, hands down! Everything is made from scratch and they only have a couple of tables, so the wait is long, but it’s worth it. Our favorite is the cranberry gorgonzola ravioli!
32. Tommy Bahama Restaurant (Waikiki) – Food is okay, but it’s super pricey. I love the rooftop bar with the firepit though, so if you wanna splurge on cocktails, this is a great spot.
33. The Nook Neighborhood Bistro (Manoa) – This is located right by the university. Super hip place for aesthetic breakfast and brunch!
34. Rajanee Thai Cuisine (Mililani) – Not an extensive menu here – it’s a tiny hole in the wall with mainly outside seating – but everything we had there was great.
35. Thai Lao (Multiple locations) – Super good Thai food. We love the sticky mango rice here!
36. Aloha Shrimp (Hauula) – Super out of the way unless you’re in the area, but some of the best garlic shrimp from a shrimp truck that I’ve ever had!
37. Arancino (Multiple locations) – Great Italian dishes – the uni pasta is spectacular here!
38. Formaggio Wine Bar (Downtown) – Great dinner options, live music, and large wine selection! This is where I discovered my affinity for port wine!
39. Scratch Kitchen & Meatery (Kakaako) – Their original location closed down, but I’ve heard the new one is great, and the menu is really similar! Try the milk & cereal pancakes.
40. Cactus (Kailua) – Amazing cocktails and happy hour!
41. Cream Pot (Waikiki) – On the higher range for breakfast, but they switch it up with soufflé pancakes and baked egg bowls.
42. The Veranda (Kahala) – Located at The Kahala Hotel, it’s one of my favorite places for afternoon tea.
43. Lewer’s Lounge (Waikiki) – Fancy bar/lounge with live music. They have light bites, and it’s also one of the few places that serve absinthe!
44. Pancakes and Waffles BLD (Aiea) – Typical breakfast joint, but always really good. They also put a lot of twists on classics such as Churro Waffles!
45. Tanioka’s Seafood and Catering (Waipahu) – A grab and go location, they have excellent sushi, fried items, and some Hawaiian food. My favorite is the fried ahi – it sells out quick!
46. Island Style BBQ (Kalihi) – This is a tiny hole-in-the-wall, but this family-run business has the best plate lunches! Every single item we tried here was excellent.
47. Liliha Bakery (Kalihi) – A local favorite for the pastries such as cocoa puffs, but I like the new Poi Mochi Donuts!
48. Zippy’s (Multiple locations throughout the island) – Hawaii’s fast food chain; honestly anything here is good and affordable.
49. Monkeypod Kitchen (Ko Olina) – Come here for happy hour, it’s nearly half off! The lobster pizza is killer, and so are the drinks!